Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Procrastination--to put off or defer

Okay, okay...I've been poised on the brink of how to start: what's the first, most important thing to say?!

But (thank you, Joe!) I've been 'outed' so I must stop messing around and START. I think in the end that's the hardest part, at least for me. Procrastination can attain a level near that of art form for truly experienced people (such as myself)--I can find all kinds of things that need to be accomplished before _____ (fill in the blank with any goal, milestone, assignment, etc. large or small). The greater or more significant the task, the greater number of things to be accomplished in the 'before' phase! Starting a blog--changing careers--planning a trip, you name it! Procrastination, interestingly enough in my dictionary, comes just ahead of procreate...

And so, then, it's begun. Hopefully it will be easier after this (and truly, thanks Joe!)

Observations of the week:
Steven Colbert for President...should add to the year's entertainment; stay tuned.
Michael Clayton was well worth the box office price (thank you, Devin!)
Robot Sex was an interesting thought for the week (thank you, Nick!)

5 comments:

J. said...

I had no idea Colbert was running for president. A la Pat Paulson, I take it. Should be great.

Nick said...

Why am I the last to know about these things?....sigh....
(am I going to have a reputation now that my name officially connected to the words 'Robot Sex' on the interweb?)

Judith said...

Meant no harm, Nick 8-)
Could remove the reference--or leave your following in a state of wonder! (Why are you the last to know WHAT things?!--if it's the blog itself, you would be the second after to Joe to land, so not to worry...)

Anonymous said...

No, I claim the title "last to know". And yes Nick you are forever Robot Sex, but that and three pints of beer ought to get you something.

Julie in PA said...

who is Joe?