Monday, March 3, 2008

Looking for your two cents

This is a 'viewer participation' post. I'm not trying to gratuitously discover if anyone is reading my posts, I really (really) want your opinion--although I will be the first to say that this is not an earth-shattering, life-changing issue (kind of a People Magazine vs The Nation sort of topic...).
I've just finished the blocks from my 'mystery quilt'. What the heck is that, you ask? You receive the instructions for construction only a little at a time--with no understanding of what the final product will look like. (Don't spend too much time thinking about why that might be entertaining or of interest--just chalk it up to the oddities of group quilting activities!) Anyway--this particular mystery block is quite cool as there are many choices for how to put it together. I'm enjoying playing around with it, but need to move on.
So I'm looking for your vote: which layout appeals to you most?!
Don't have to say why (or why not) you like something--or you can give your 'first/last' choice, or your top two, etc. (You can just give the row number & left/right--might be easier than trying to describe!)
Depending on what responses I get, I'll move on to the next step--putting it together, planning the outer borders, etc.
So go ahead: VOTE!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I like them all! My top vote is row 1, number 1 and row 2, number 2.

Julie in PA said...

i vote for #2 in row 1. And #2 in last row as 2nd choice.
You mean, by mystery, that they tell you what to do sortof for each block?
i am learning about fabric by watching it go on ebay. i went to another quilt store. i am not going to sew. am learning more & its changing my view. I LOVE MY QUILT hanging from you EVEN MORE!

Devin said...

I'd go with row 2 number 2 or row 3. The zig-zags in row four are my least favorite.

Julie in PA said...

I meant #2 row 2.

J. said...

I personally like the second one in row three.

Julie in PA said...

I don't like the arrows. Likethe one j. likes--has the arrows. Ballistic.

Judith said...

Thanks for the input, you guys! Devin reminded me that maybe it would seem like criticizing to somehow say yes to some & no to others for folks not around my working wall on a regular basis. Trust me: I'm used to lots of opinions & input, even when I don't invite it!
I also realized that the pix looked like a wierd mix of pepto-bismol pink & chocolate pudding! (yuck!) If you click on the pix you get a better idea of the true fabric colors.
Anyway--I'm moving on to the next stage: #2 in row #2 it is (based on group input)
You'll see it again when it's finished; it will change again, ya know! 8-)

Zach said...

I like the 6th and 7ths ones! thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Z