Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yes, We Did!

Wow! Just back from my week away--and just back to a computer. Was able to gather at a TV with good friends and a bottle of champagne Tuesday night, though! Hardly the words available to describe feelings--what a great thing to motivate people to be 'back to the streets'! Humbling, gratifying, hopeful, moving...

On the local front--we barely squeaked by on the Governor's race (but we made it!) and it looks like a 20-plus year gridlock on our County Commissioners is finally over--although one is still pretty close & not finalized. Looks like Al Franken is into recount-land--oh so close but may be losing.

The only major disappointment: what is with California and Prop 8?! (A friend said: maybe the newly chosen 'demon' has emerged...) All in all, though, much to be grateful for & celebration abounds.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Welcome back! I was so upset about Proposition 8 that I actually dreamt last night that I was participating in one of the protests in CA.

Judith said...

Thanks! Good for you for putting your feelings into actions--even if only in dreamland!
Have to say, though: I've slept better the last two nights than I have in weeks; I just couldn't believe that it would really happen! Wishing you good sleep too...