Friday, March 19, 2010

California Sunshine

We're off for a fun-filled four days in Berkeley with intern-son! Good thing we have a little distraction from this now less-filled house (even Cassie is looking for Milo...).

Can't believe that three weeks have sauntered by without posting. Some excuses--although not great ones. Will catch up more upon return.

Meanwhile here was the outcome of day two on my friend's longarm machine. I've just finished day three before we run out of town--and I can definitely say: I'm hooked! (Jim & I gotta win the lottery!)


  • Houses are blocks I won at a guild meeting many, many years ago. It went on it's way as a community quilt this week.
  • Yellow & pink (terrible color in the photo--it's a soft yellow) is really quite fresh, kind of French appearance.
  • Abstract crossed blocks are ones I won at the fall retreat. Actually have it finished to take to spring retreat at the end of the month!
(Making progress on those UFO's...)

More soon with travel news--and hopefully a less heavy heart.

1 comment:

sniff said...

wow. hey--the american quilt international show is in Lancaster this week. and will be here again the next few years! so visit me at this time next year since you missed it this year! they just showed a long arm and a computer free quilting on it on TV from the show...jb