Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It Seemed Like a Good Idea...

Too soon to post about the latest round robin projects--execpt to confess the challenge I got myself into for a border addition!

35 little pinwheels (i.e. 1 1/2" squares) didn't seem like a lot--but then two sides of a border made that into 70 pinwheels.
 O-kay...
the garbage pail of cut-offs...
And then each
2 1/2" square pinwheel needs four half-square triangles, and--wha-la-- suddenly you find yourself making 280 half-square triangles!

Kept me out of trouble for awhile...






In general, I'm not a fan of red & white quilts--which this project is--but I can be persuaded. And I certainly admire & respect great work, even if it's not my cup of tea.
When I was looking around for red & white themes I came across this upcoming March exhibit notice for the American Folk Art Museum in New York. I found this photo mesmerizing!
Hats off to the exhibit magicians! Let me know if you happen to get there to see red--650 times! I'll be green with envy...

1 comment:

red r me said...

i love red !
hey--did you get that last box like a month or so ago? jb