Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday on Whidbey

Can't believe this is the 'anniversary post' of Wednesday on Whidbey!
Wow!--a full year of little glimmers into the day-to-day life on my out-of-the-way island. There were a few times I wasn't sure I would make all fifty-two, but I did it!  I thought for this post, I would use one of the photos I auditioned for the very first Wednesday on Whidbey, but didn't use:  my sweet Cassie (now 13 this year...) basking in some surprise June sun (that would not be this year!).

So whadya think? Keep going?!
Knowing that I promised myself a weekly commitment has certainly allowed me to look more closely at my world & revel in the little vignettes that seem to be everywhere. (I think any kind of consistent practice is a hidden gift. For more on that, visit Make Something 365. Although that's a daily practice, there are similarities.) As far as I can tell, I've only been late once.
I certainly have identified more options for weeks to come--things pop up everywhere once you start noticing. The limitation is always being in the right place at the right time for sun, rain, time of day, traffic, etc.  And of course, my on-again, off-again camera skills are always a limitation...
Any feedback would be helpful & appreciated.
And thanks for joining me for this '52'--it's been fun!

1 comment:

cassie lover said...

woo-hoo! Cassie! I miss you!
I look forward to Wednesday on Whidbey every week so I can leanr WhatBe at Whidbey! Keep it going. Take pics in Jim's shop for example--your wooden drawers. Take it inside! xxo, j