Saturday, August 30, 2008

From This Little Blue Corner of the Country

Wow! What a week that was--an exhilarating four days culminating in the mass of humanity at Mile High Stadium truly did the heart good; actually gives me reason to hope. It was such a great four days!!

And THEN--to have the McCain camp pull Palin out of the hat! It doesn't get much better than that! What can they be thinking?! I had much fun instantly finding plenty to read about her; here's one of my favorites so far; I think this (Alaska) guy's blog will be fun to follow as the campaign unfolds--and may be fun just in general. (See the Aug 29th post: What is McCain Thinking? for the quick version of who IS Sarah Palin.)

Eagleton comes to mind; I think the impulsive rush to find the woman's vote (ANY woman...) will surely backfire in the end for them. I find it encouraging--but then Jim reminds me that we reside in the Soviet of Puget Sound. THIS finds the decision highly offensive except that it's just such a joke. We'll see who's laughing by November...

No comments: