Monday, March 30, 2009

2009 Monthly Challenge Project - February

Here is the February contribution to the monthly challenge project.
Color: contrasting
Topic: animal or bird
Approach: 3-dimensional
I like it, do you?

Trivia about the piece: the branch is real, just painted a silly orange; the bird sits away from the base about half an inch or so & has a wire tail that can be arranged (the legs are wire too); the orange buttons have been traveling with me for years--they were on a play top I had when I was about 6 and I've kept them all this time for the 'right' use.

7 comments:

julie in PA said...

is the bird fabric? i see her legs and tail are not.
it's BIRDY. i think of you when i see that book. i need to see the film..:>) j

Judith said...

The bird is fabric, including tail (with a wire insert). Legs are blue wire...very sexy!
I put this in the Cancer Art show the beginning of March--and was pictured in the newspaper article 8-) Does that make me published?!

Zach said...

I like the bird the best! That's fantastic!

julie in PA said...

who is zach?
when judy dais I put this in art show--do you mean the bird piece or the peace piece in your note?
j in PA

j in PA said...

Jue, since this is a site you check, when is the Bump Gretna Thanksmas? summer more events here, more hiking etc. willing to assist w plabe tickets and use all of my freq flyer miles. please tell Michael. help, j

J. said...

It's beautiful. Did you create the bird and then attach it somehow?

Judith said...

Answers:
1. Zach is one of the better, happier products of Whidbey--with wonderful life adventures in progress!
2. The bird was in the art show
3. YOU can tell Michael...are you not a facebooker?
4. The bird was created & then attached via a fabric covered piece of foam; my ideas are always exceeding my technical capacity--winging it much of the time (no pun intended!)