Sunday, March 29, 2009

2009 Monthly Challenge Project - January

You might remember one of my goals for the new year was to have a monthly challenge project for myself.

I came up with three categories that made some sense:

  • color

  • a topic-of-the-month

  • a technique or format to include.
I made a list of twelve items for each of the three categories, put them on little pieces of paper in three separate pots--and randomly drew the combinations for each month of the year.

For January, the combination was: complimentary colors, abstract theme, and curved piecing. (And all months are still in the square-in-a-square series.)

My photos really didn't come out--but you get the idea. Given how little time I've had, it's a good thing I chose this to be a monthly challenge--and that the pieces are small!!

1 comment:

Julie in PA said...

These new pieces are very pretty.
I am loving my amish colors and quilt table runner & think of you every day. Such a pretty gift!
xo, jb