Saturday, March 28, 2009

Returned From the Abyss!

Wow! Yes I did fall off the face of the earth . . .and hopefully am now returning.

The day BEFORE the Inauguration, my work partner was heading out of the house on one of our many icy mornings, and fell--breaking her arm (and we all know that we try to break a fall with our dominant arm, right?!).
Anyway, the world went tilt on Inauguration Day, but not for all the reasons I expected! My partner-in-crime was in surgery as Obama was sharing his thoughts on what lay ahead--and was out for some time after. I was more than happy to pick up the pace to try filling in the gaps, but it has left me little time for much else beyond laundry & sleeping!
She is coming along well--now has the pins out, the cast off, and is actually starting to write with her dominant hand again! Yeah!! I'm beginning to see the end in sight of this siege--looking forward to a day off sometime soon. The auto-pilot mentality will likely start wearing off in the near future--and I'm thankful that I work with a great group of people (even more than usual!).
It was the day before the 'new era' when I posted last, and so much has happened. I am still in awe of my new President--and the fact that he can be articulate, energized, and a leader in such a dark time. Many of my first wins have happened--Guantanamo, CIA renditions, stem-cell prohibitions, gag-rules on birth control counseling . . . may it continue.

Caught an interview with a Obama staff member recently & when asked about health care he actually responded that there is another approach beyond either cutting benefits or raising taxes to pay for the existing (broken) system. I still have hope . .

I also still have hope that spring will come--which is has not, despite the calendar's version. This has been the coldest, darkest, dreariest winter for a very long time--and I am truly ready for it to be OVER!

So--I will try anew to be regular with some posts. Hope the last two months have treated you all well.

No comments: