Sunday, October 17, 2010

Three...


Today marks the end of year three for the Untamed Threads blog--although I'm not sure if that's worth a demarcation in time.  Somehow it seemed worth mentioning--if only to myself! 8-) 

I've been inconsistent at best--averaging about 60 posts a year--although since leaving the-job-that-ate-my-life, the inconsistency has become less consistent (is that a double negative or something?!) There are things I enjoy about posting --but the old familiar doubts crop up from time to time.  (It obviously provides something or I wouldn't keep pursuing it, right?) I try not to get too hung up at those moments--just learn from the bump in the road & move on...
I've enjoyed the addition of 'Wednesday on Whidbey' this year, how about you?  For me, it's caused me to be more attentive to a wonderful environment that  surrounds me.  It's so easy to take it for granted after all of these years--but I am truly lucky to live where I do.
Anyway, I have no plans to stop as yet--so here goes another year.  
I appreciate all of the visitors that drop in--just drop me a comment from time to time & tell me what you like (or what you don't). 
Thanks for being along for the drive!

3 comments:

DonnaT said...

Wishing you a great and prolific 4th year.........Your blog certainly is a favorite of mine. I especially like the Wednesdays on Whidbey - After 20+ years here I still miss my family & friends in CA and wish I were there, then I look out my studio window at the Olympic mountains and Holmes Habor and think "why I am discontented, not many people get the chance to live in a place like this." It only takes a trip to Lynnwood or down Rucker in Everett and I realize I would not want to live in the "city" but the heart still misses those not nearby.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and art with us.

jb said...

hi, what are these old familar doubts you mention? i didn't follow that--about the Blog?
also, i only knew about this blog maybe what, a year ago? how did that happen?
xxo, jb

Judith said...

Doubts = what am I writing? Not enough? Too weird? That kinda thing. Less now than at the beginning, but ponderable... (is that a word?!)

And, my friend, time flies when you're having fun: your first comment here was in Feb 2008! So you were only four months from the launch!
8-)