Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Can Read...

Shopping isn't one of my favorite tasks, but I do okay. Pretty good comparison shopper. Usually get a fairly good bang for my buck. Try to get out of my rut, at least sometimes.
One of my least pleasing parts of shopping, though, is getting home & unpacking groceries only to find that I missed a key part of a label.
Am I the only one that happens to?!
I do try to pay attention but a few seconds of letting my mind stray always seems to get me in trouble.
Current case in point as an example:
(the circle on the label is my addition... and sorry
for poor focus; I haven't had my morning cup of Joe...)
 Now I'm a pretty good caffeine-fiend (after all, I live in Puget Sound...). We go through our fair share of coffee--and it's usually what ever is on sale; I'm no brand zealot. I just want my warm cup of 'tastes good' in the am. In summary, I'm in the coffee isle fairly frequently.
So am I the last to know that now there's something in between leaded & decaf? Now I have to worry about 'half', too? Criminy!
And what time of day, with what level of distraction, did I miss the centrally located, fairly obvious disclaimer? *sigh*  So now I'm mixing in small amounts with the 'real' stuff in the coffee jar until the rouge pound is gone; can you hear me muttering? I'm sure this won't be my last example, but it likely won't be coffee next time...

4 comments:

Amy said...

I didn't even know they made half-caffinated. I probably would have missed that, too!

bad coffee consumer said...

many brands have this. 50/50. maxwell house etc....the coffee in cans.

cortisol said...

called Lite by many brands

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.