Monday, December 22, 2008

The Arctic Blast!

This winter stuff is getting CRAZY! We've had snow on the ground for a week now (an uncommon occurrence in Puget Sound). It has been just beautiful, although brutal at times. We've had temps down in the teens at night and the snow accumulation has been ten inches or more, depending on where you are on the island. Many days of minimal car travel & the kids around town have been having a blast sledding, building snow forts, etc.
It can be Grinch inspiring in the work world--trying to figure out how to get people's needs met--but all in all, it's been relatively OK. Since I'm closest to the office--I've had a few wild & woolly days being mostly on my own with the usual daily grind, but everyone has tried hard to do what they can--and that's all you can ask. No power outages as yet--the dire predictions of extremely high winds did not come to pass. The dog & cat have been pretty clear they are staying inside, except for extreme potty breaks or (in Cassie's case) a quick romp in the new skiffs. Definitely a good time to catch up on reading, baking, decorating & movies.
Christmas will be here sooon! I took a couple of hours to make some simple pillow covers to add a little holiday cheer--they were fun. Think I might make some for the holiday sale next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy hannukah! must chat about arrival! also, did you get your bday present??

Anonymous said...

I found my identity again & can post here! Leaving Angela's on Fri 1/6 from Vancouver WA to Seattle on train and can arrive at noon unless no one can greet me or receive me via a taxi somehwere. Should I catch a later train that friday? did you Postpone Thanksmas? xo, j