Thursday, September 9, 2010

This Message Brought to You by Mother Nature...

Excuse me, but a brief moment of whining is coming!
Despite a few stellar days--some of them even in consecutive order--most of Puget Sound will agree that this was the summer that wasn't. Fortunately they don't come around all that often--but this will be 'one for the books' for many people on a personal level & there are several records that I'm sure will support that perception.
But this week it's become all too clear:  warm or not, where is the sun going?!  I mean, come on! (...and I know how the planetary rotation works, lest you feel a need to answer my rhetorical question!)


I checked the facts to ensure what's already so obvious:  in two months we've lost 2 hours & 42 minutes of daylight--and by the end of the month it will be over 4 hours!  (With three months to go to the winter solstice after that!)  I'm just not ready to give it up yet! (best to imagine Snoopy's  'curse you Red Baron' stance with that statement...)
The sensation is compounded on these grey, drizzly days--it's just a bummer... *sigh*  I know many of you had unseasonably hot, terrible summers this year so I know you can't really relate. And my house wasn't picked up by a tornado or flooded by a hurricane or besieged by a host of locusts.  So what am I feeling so low about?!
OK, got that off my chest.
Guess I'll go up my Vitamin D dosage--I'm gonna need it!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Feel free to whine! I hate being hot but I definitely need some sunshine.

RN in PA said...

get a white light. ask for it now for your bday and have the whole Gang chip in. evidence is: they do work. :>)