Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bring it On!

I've been trying hard to abide by the well-used adage of my mother's: "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

I'm here to tell you--it's not working! I tried to sit on my hands & not explode over the ridiculous trail of tears created by the health care reform debate--and in the end we got a marginal start. A start! That's all--despite the threats, bitten fingers, etc. I stuffed all of the easy comments the floated up when Mt. Vernon awarded the key to the city to the nonsensical, contradictory, inflammatory Glen Beck.

But I'm throwing in the towel--I'm not gonna make it through this jungle of mid-term craziness alive without speaking my conscious. I'll try to keep it brief & focused, but be prepared: I'm weighing in!

And let's just start with one of the most important local votes that will surface this year: re-electing Patty Murray.
Gotta happen. Period.
Dino Rossi has been a big, big loser--& we need to tell him, in no uncertain terms, he will be a loser again this year. Dollars will be flowing heavily in this state, as the national sources start pouring it on with hopes of ousting Patty.
It's such a waste! I'm glad to hear that Patty has a fairly good war chest started--but she will need our help. She will need our money, our time, & our willingness to speak out. Go to her website & sign up as a supporter.
Patty has been exemplary as a US Senator in so many ways--for women, for the uninsured, for the under privileged & under served, for fairness... the list gets pretty long.
I will never agree with every statement she makes or vote she casts, but she deserves to be re-elected (& Dino deserves to be shown the door for the last time...)
Get ready!

No comments: