Thursday, June 24, 2010

Results of Long Arm Quilting Day #6

Here are the two completed quilts from the day of quilting last week. They've now been trimmed, bindings applied, threads trimmed & buried.

The first is a community quilt. I had been bestowed the 'left over' blocks & fabric from a large raffle quilt the guild did a few years ago. I pieced it on a recent retreat & then quilted it last week. It's about 48" x 60". Now it's ready to go on it's way...
The second is a 'one block wonder' quilt that has been languishing on one of my design walls wondering when I was ever going to get on with it! I had gotten side tracked months ago as I couldn't find a contrast border fabric that suited.
Even when I started again in earnest I had difficulty finding the 'right' fabric. After countless auditions, who would have guessed it was a lavender batik that was waiting for the final debut?! It actually is just the perfect match for the flowers. It's about 68" x 90". The outer border is the fabric that was used to cut the blocks originally.
This was the piece shown last week on the long arm. I really challenged myself to try some new approaches with the quilting & I think it came out pretty well. (Check off two more items on the UFO list! Yeah!)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Beautiful! I especially like the colors in the one block wonder.