Friday, June 25, 2010

Fun Tuesday Class

Our local quilt guild has really done a great job this year with programs & speakers. Several times we have a program at our usual monthly meeting with the speaker providing a day-long class the next day at a very reasonable class fee for guild members.

This was the first time I've been able to attend one of the 'day after' classes. It was a very fun day with hand embellishment techniques; learning some new things--and revisiting some forgotten ideas. Melody Crust was the instructor--I've always enjoyed her books--and we had fun with the mini "Bead Candy" projects.
Here's my show-and-tell for the day--and I'm not kidding about the 'mini' part. We started by constructing a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" little 'canvas' to work on. Isn't that the size of a standard business card? No sewing machine involved. (That's a BIG step for me! I would usually rather use my sewing machine for just about anything!) I took a sideways shot to get a little perspective on the third dimension.
Anyway--I won't be spending much time making many of these, but I did get a lot more of my questions answered about embellishment techniques and that was my goal.

No comments: