Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm Glad Someone Was Paying Attention...

I've really been enjoying my immersion into reader land. The volume just finished deserves special note.
Molly Ivins has always been a favorite writer (recently known for Shrub & Bushwacked in addition to her newspaper columns). This book was published after her death (due to the loving care of Lou DuBose) & prior to the 2009 election--which added to the darkness of the book. However, despite the gravity of the stories, there is always a delightfully comic way of approaching tragic things. I miss that voice.
Bill of Wrongs: the Executive Branch's Assault on America's Fundamental Rights (which she so eloquently points out, began well before 9/11.)
It should be required reading for every US citizen. Period. End of story.
I'm assuming you are one--so find yourself a copy & hunker down. Go to the library. Load your Kindle. Whatever. Just get it on your list. Let me know what you think...

1 comment:

jb said...

i am ordering this for my family reunion.
:>(

j