Friday, August 20, 2010

The Garden Project

I had another great day at the long arm studio & I thought I would share one of the projects.  It's for our friends at the farm we've been getting our CSA share this summer.  We bartered an arrangement and Jim & I clearly felt we were the winners.  So on a little bit of a whim I found some fabric at work that looked like it would be fun to play with.  Here are the preprinted garden designs that I started with:

I added some fun fabrics for borders & details.  Then they looked like this:

Finally, I dug out all of the garden greens that would add interest for the background.  I got it quilted on Wednesday, the binding & label went on yesterday, & today it gets delivered as a little surprise when we pick up our veggies!  It's a nice size:  about 50" x 70". 

No comments: