Thursday, August 12, 2010

Round Robin Update

A few months ago I noted the start of a new Round Robin project with my special quilting buddies.  At tonight's meeting we are making the fourth hand-off, so I thought I would share what I've been up to so far.  Due to some coming & going of a couple of members at the beginning, I somehow got to be the 'first' addition on two different projects.
The projects are still early on in the process--as the months go by they will get even more interesting!  I'll share the next few projects again in a few months.  There are two pictures here for each project (and as ever, you can click to enlarge).  The first one is how the project looked when I received it, the second is following my addition.

1.  Ginny's--a Christmas adventure









2.  Judy's (the other Judy!) red/white/blue was a challenge for me--and so unlike her!  I couldn't help but change it up a little--partially based on her comments when she brought it.  (love her dove...)  Added more doves, 'purple mountains', & a rainbow of diversity...










3. On Beth's (I love her batiks & dragonflies!) I used paintstix, ink & fiber paints for the graphics.  Only added an asymetrical border mostly as a size precaution--this one may get tooooo big (I'm only four out of twelve & the piece was over 34" when I got it...)


1 comment:

onlooker said...

how did you get these pics?
is there audio too?
like: "i wasn't so sure about the golden dragonfly stamp...scary at first..but i think i got used to it and they got better..see what you think" said 12 different ways each time. xxo, jb