Monday, August 23, 2010

The Rest of Long Arm Day #9

Besides the garden quilt I shared, I finished two community quilts plus some additional placemats that had been requested at the craft day a couple of weeks ago.  One of the community quilts was made by someone else & just needed to be quilted & bound.  Fun colors, huh?

The second community quilt is one that's been in my UFO pile for a loooong time.  At a guild auction several years ago I got a small panel of preprinted flowers for less than a quarter.  Sometime after that I put some blocks together at a guild retreat & then they languished until now.  I got it put together with a rainbow border, got it quilted & bound.  It's a little smaller (49" x 45") so will likely go to a younger person.
I had fun quilting this one--trying out some different freehand patterns.  Control, control, control--the mantra of the long arm.  Slowly, I'm getting there--there are less obvious bloopers with each attempt!
Both quilts will launch on their way at the next guild meeting.

No comments: