Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Show & Tell...

Here was one of the items that got finished up for the show/sale this month.
It started out with three different shapes that were each cut out three times & then arranged differently. (It was a long-ago exercise from the Art Quilt Workbook by Waterson & Davila that I was working through.)
Much later, I came across the three little pieces & thought I should do something with them--so I made the three panels & embellished them with paint & ink.
Then much after that, I finally got them together, but some purple toule over (more about that in a later post), & did some thread painting.
The piece came out about 29" x 20"--and went on to a happy home during the show...

2 comments:

i spy said...

I spy a cactus, maybe 1/2 of an octopus or jelly fish floating creature, and a bunny.
Love it! Let's talk this week--Th or Friday OK? xo, j

i spy again said said...

yes I also see the brown ricky-strip and the yellow cloud-like pieces..but it was the floating tails that stood out in this photo