Friday, December 23, 2011

Show & Tell...again!

Before the show this month, I spent a couple of days at my friend's long arm studio finishing up some items--this being one of them. I finished the top when I went to retreat in October & it looks pretty sharp after it got quilted (if I do say so myself!). It's done with the same piecing technique that I started using when I made Devin's graduation quilt years ago--and then made a 'left-over' lap quilt a couple of years ago.
The border was done with red thread to add a little more interest (...and also highlight any of my advanced beginner quilting technique errors!). When the border was quilted, I went around the set in red-bordered blocks which makes them really 'pop' as a faux-trapunto look.
 The finished piece is about 44" x 60"--an okay size for a cozy lap quilt, or a large wall hanging.

2 comments:

it's really me said...

Especially cozy with lap oil.
xo, Bill

career planner said...

great to chat--always more to say so i kept sending emails afterwards! Erwin Vogler PhD in material science at Penn State is Roger's best friend and curing leukemia--maybe Dev could switch gears & go to Mat Sciences. ask him. xxo, ant jb