Friday, October 17, 2008

Anniversary Post: Blog On?!

Today marks one year of blogging. Gotta say, I've not been very disciplined about it--averaging about one a week, although not on a consistent basis--as this is post #48.

Pros: I've learned a fair amount about blogland--how blogs work, potential power in the connection, communication; I've been able to keep in touch with people I care about. the big surprise at the end of the year is how many new 'connections' I've found--not people I've met or know, but I truly am glad to have found other's blogs that inspire, encourage, educate me, and make me feel a stronger kinship as I find folks of like-mindedness; they are like new friends.

Cons: hard to stay focused sometimes; staying inspired & not embarrassed in sharing; one more thing to feel badly about if I miss for awhile; sometimes wondering how best to proceed--or do I?
Overall it's felt more positive than negative--it's certainly been an adventure.
So: whadya think?! on to year two? Just was reading another blog that identified 'adopting a blogger'--more experienced bloggers with a similar interest mentored newer bloggers--trialing it for about 3 months & then re-evaluate. Seems like a good idea (in hindsight). But I certainly have had help, suggestions along the way from others with more experience--when I've asked 8-) and that's certainly been appreciated!
In any case, here's hoping we all find more encouragement in coming weeks! And yes, I do hope for world peace...

1 comment:

J. said...

Yes! Congrats. On to year 2.