Thursday, October 30, 2008

Escaping & Retreating

Wow, the countdown continues & the month is nearly over. Fall is definitely in the air & the days continue to get shorter. Unusual for us: we've had little rain for this season, & the clear days/nights make for cold temps & uncommon color all around.
Five days remaining until we know the outcome of the elections--we have some hotly contested ones locally, as well as the 'whole-world-is-watching' presidential race; so much is at stake. On the work front, he-who-shall-not-be-named has finally made the move--the coup has begun (otherwise described as careening down the ravine with a fully loaded bus without a driver..). I'm only adding that (major) fact to the economic & political stressors to set the scene: I'm outta here for almost a week!
My twice-a-year and much loved retreat at Warm Beach starts Thursday (evening, for me). Then on Sunday, I start a design class 'retreat' with a teacher I really enjoy, Reynola Pakusich, in nearby LaConner that goes through Wednesday evening. Fun town, great class, new friends.
Wow, six days of creating--I can hardly wait! It's a bit daunting to be 'away from home' for the November 5th returns when our whole future hangs in the balance. I'm sure we'll all be taking turns Tuesday night running back to the TVs in our rooms to follow the events (the 'rules' have already been provided: no politics! Right!).
Wishing calmer & saner times for all of us--with peace on all of our minds. I have no doubt there will be plenty to talk about after I'm back! Take care...may the force be with us all.

No comments: