Monday, October 6, 2008

Some Encouraging News as the Countdown Continues...

Hey, I just checked a blog site that I haven't been to for awhile "Five Thirty Eight"--it was a Blog of Note in September & I visited then a few times. It's a pretty heady compilation of 'all' the polls, trends for this November's election--more than you ever care to know about the national, as well as some state info. (The 538 is the number of electoral votes available when electing the president, in case you'd forgotten as I did...)
Anyway--in September it was just after the GOP convention, and things were certainly trending into McCain/Palin land. Today, though, the numbers look much different--and for me, much better than I was currently feeling; definitely trending way up in Obama's favor. I know things can change alot in the days left ahead, but I find it encouraging. Take a look; I'm including it in my list of sites to follow (in the margin).
Also--I mentioned the Mudflats site right after the Palin bomb was dropped by McCain (i.e. "Mudflats: tiptoeing through the muck of Alaska politics"). I've continued to read regularly; he's (or I assume it's a 'he'...) such a great writer & it is worth some brief moments of comic relief (if not sadly ironic tales & factoids) while watching the Alaska experience up-close-and-personal not only in the Palin craze & the investigation on the home front, but also the Ted Stevens drama. So if you haven't yet, take a brief drive-by--the link is in the right margin.
The time is now for Obama--on to tomorrow night's debate...

No comments: