Thursday, February 4, 2010

Knowing Just Enough to be Dangerous

One of the things I've missed during this last 9 months of non-blogging, is the whole conversation going on in Blogger/Blogspot about custom domain vs FTP--and the fact that Blogger will no longer support FTP blogs after March.
So far I've visited 4 different locations & in none is there the key Q&A: how do you know if you are an FTP blog? I'm gleening that FTP is 'older' language--and therefore a little geekier oriented? (No offense intended to anyone with that remark--I'm in awe of geeks most of the time!). Based on that I'm thinking I'm NOT an FTP blog, but how would I know that? (Doubt that Blogger tells you directly that you're an affected party...)
Anyone able to point my in the right direction for info (or just tell me not to worry...)? Jim sez: well if your blog doesn't work in March, you'll know! (thanks!)

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I think that would only apply to people who have their own domain names and are using the FTP method of posting. It doesn't look like you have your own domain name here, so I don't think you need to worry about it. Here's something from the Blogger FTP blog that should clear it up: http://blogger-ftp.blogspot.com/2010/02/whos-affected.html

Judith said...

Hey thanks,Nichole! I just didn't look in the right place (or at the right time--as it posted yesterday)...one less thing in my closet of anxieties (it's full enuf right now!)