Friday, February 19, 2010

Sharing a Piece of My Heart

There were many amazing & touching moments in leaving my workplace at the end of January. One that was particularly sweet & heartfelt was a group gift from the staff: a signature quilt.
Wow--do they know me, or what? In every way, the colors, the batiks, the comments included--it was spectacular & completely over the top.
You won't be able to see well in the photos, but the quilting between the blocks was in the shape of hearts & there are helping hands in the borders. (It was based on a logo theme we've used for our Palliative Care education project--and couldn't have been more special to me.) Three of the staff are great quilters in their own right, and took the lead on the project--special thanks to Nancy, Diana & Joan.
The 'group' comment was the following: May your joys be as deep as the ocean, your sorrows as light as the foam. (Oh, man... )
It will warm my heart & keep me cozy for many years to come. Anytime one is tempted to have the "oh, poor me's" fifteen minutes with this warm fuzzy definitely provides the cure.
What a gift!

No comments: