Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Square in a Square - Part Seven

This was the assignment most recently finished--but as I was ready to add the hanger & label, I realized that I didn't quite cover all three areas of the assignment, but here it was:
Color: Cool colors
Theme/subject: fortune from a cookie
Technique/media: hand-dyed fabric

I did use a little of my hand-dyes but I definitely lost sight of that part of the assignment as I got into the idea--so in the end only covered two of the three tasks. Had plenty of hand-dyes that would have worked well; just think I got distracted. The little 3-D purse holds a red scarf & a glass heart that can be removed. Even though cool colors prevailed, how can you have hearts & not use red (warm) for contrast?
The fortune was: As the purse is emptied, the heart is filled.



No comments: