Thursday, February 4, 2010

Postcards

Lots of catch-up to do about UFO's, my personal challenge project (that has been on hiatus until this year got off the ground!), and some other projects in various stages of completion.
But for now I thought I would share this little project that my round-robin group is doing. One of our members is ill with a terminal illness--so sad--and we've been finding ways to check in, show her we care, etc. Each week one of us completes an art postcard (fabric, quilted) and mails it to her.
This was my first contribution on this fun project (sorry it's a poor picture--I'm trying to get used to a new camera!)--and we're wishing there will be many opportunities for the rotation to come back around! It's fast--because they are small--and it's a chance to try something new, etc. For people not into fabric, this also works great with paper & little found items, pictures, etc.--a little mini-collage.
Try one! Maybe a valentine!

No comments: